Back to News
New GP Premises for Locking Hill and Stroud Valley’s family Practice
Posted on 18 Nov 2019
The partners and staff of Locking Hill Surgery and Stroud Valley’s Family Practice are working together, with Stroud Regeneration Ltd, to take a business case to Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group [CCG] for new premises. The CCG have identified our practices as being a very high priority for development and we have identified the old Woolworths building in King Street as a suitable site. This is part of the wider regeneration of the centre of Stroud, particularly the Five Valley’s Shopping Centre.
As part of proposals, we have sought feedback from our patients. Click here to download the results of the survey.
What benefits will the new premises bring?
Both practices are currently located in buildings which are too small to provide the full range of services for our patient list sizes. The partners of Locking Hill Surgery have for some years been working closely with the CCG to find new premises, as our current premises are about half the size they should be for our population. The partners of Stroud Valleys Practice are also keen to move out from Beeches Green Health Centre, which is an old building with little opportunity for further expansion to meet the current & future needs of their patients.
We believe that the new premises will bring
- A wider range of Primary Care services for our patients than we can provide at present from our current premises, for example improvements to diagnostic services, more minor surgery, contraceptive services, Social Prescribing, as well as extending the range of clinicians working from the premises such as Mental Health, Midwifery, Community Nursing and support staff from other agencies
- Better integration of services between the practices, with sharing of clinical expertise, administration and other functions including teaching & training.
- A higher standard of environment, with increased numbers and size of consulting and treatment rooms, fit for growth into the future
- A more accessible and visible location for the population of Stroud, closer to public transport, car parking and
- Reductions in our carbon footprint, with more efficient heating and lighting systems, as well as a higher performance in terms of insulation.
We appreciate that you will have a lot of questions, and we have also developed a Frequently Asked Questions document, click here to download the FAQ's.
If you would like any more information, please contact a member of the Practice team.