Many items that have been issued as a regular repeat medication by your doctor can be obtained. These items can be requested in person, in writing, by fax (01453 847994) or by using online via EMIS access (please see below). Please bear the following in mind:
- Your prescription will be ready for collection two working days after you have requested it.
- If you wish, you can provide us with a stamped, self-addressed envelope so that we can post your prescription to you. Please be aware we are unable to post controlled drugs. Alternatively, you can nominate a chemist for us to send your prescriptions electronically.
- Contraceptive pills are not available on repeat prescription and it will normally be necessary for you to make an appointment.
- Prescriptions are normally issued with one or two months’ worth of medication with the exception of the Contraceptive Pill or Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- For reasons of patient safety we are unable to take repeat prescription requests over the ‘phone. This can, however, in agreement with your usual doctor, be arranged in certain circumstances (eg patients who are completely housebound).
- Prescription queries can be dealt with between 11am – 1pm and 2pm – 4pm by a member of our Scripting team.
- When someone is collecting your prescription on your behalf they need to:
- Be over the age of 16
- Have your full name, address and date of birth
- Understand that they may need to provide ID or sign for the prescription
- Please be aware that your next medication review date is noted at the bottom of the right hand side prescription.
Urgent Drugs List
It is important to follow the usual procedure for requesting medication and allowing 48 hours for that prescription to be ready from the Surgery. However, you may for some reason run short of your essential medication in which case you can request an urgent drug in writing and we can issue a prescription to be ready after 5.30pm on the same day. Only the medicines considered an URGENT drugs are listed below.
||Examples of medicines ( list not exhaustive)
||Insulin, Metformin, Gliclazide, Pioglitazone, Alogliptin, Sitagliptin, Dapagliflozin, Lixisenatide,Nateglinide etc.
||Salbutamol ( Ventolin), Terbutaline
||Carbamazepine, Lamotrigine etc.
||Co-beneldopa, Co-careldopa etc.
||Warfarin, Rivaroxaban, Apixaban, Dabigatran
|Other Cardiovascular drugs
||Ramipril, Amlodipine, Losartan, Bisoprolol etc.
|Antidepressants and Antipsychotics
||Citalopram, Sertraline, Quetiapine etc
We now offer the facility to book your appointments, order your repeat prescriptions and view a summary of your medical record (which includes immunisations, medications, allergies and any adverse reactions) online via EMIS Access.
To use the online service please visit the surgery’s reception desk with a form of photographic ID and a proof of your current address (this must be a current utility bill or a bank statement) and we will issue you with your registration details.
Please note that this facility is only offered to patients that are over 16 years of age and we are unable to issue registration details to anyone who is not present when the request is being made.
If you have any questions please call the surgery or enquire at the reception desk.
EMIS Access - click here for online services
The ability to request prescriptions via this website will be removed on the 6th October 2017. If you want to continue ordering repeat prescriptions online you will need to sign up for EMIS Access, see above. Unfortunately we are unable to grant online access to anyone under the age of 16. However, we are able to allow you to request these over the telephone. Please ring our Reception Team on 01453 764 222 and they will set this up for you.
Click here to order your repeat prescriptions online.