As a practice team, we are committed to providing you with the highest possible standard of health care. We aim to give you the advice and information you need to achieve and maintain better health and the best health care possible using the resources available to us.
Our Responsibilities To You
- Your confidentiality will be maintained at all times.
- We will always see emergencies on the same day.
- The doctors and nurses will aim to see patients within 15 minutes of their appointment time. Should there be a delay you can expect to be kept informed by the reception staff.
- Requests for daytime home visits received by 10:30 will normally be seen by 13:00. Emergency visit requests received after that time will be relayed to the duty doctor who will contact you within one hour.
- You have the right to see your health records (subject to the limits of the law).
- You can expect to be offered appropriate advice about how to stay healthy and avoid illness.
Your Responsibilities To Us
Please help us to help you by observing the following:
- Please arrive on time for appointments and check in when you arrive. This reduces delay.
- If there is a delay, the receptionist will let you know. Please be tolerant as emergencies do occur.
- If you are unable to keep an appointment, please let us know as soon as you can so that we can offer the appointment to another patient.
- If more than one person needs to be seen by the doctor, please make a separate appointment for each person.
- Please do not ask for a home visit unless you are truly housebound please come to the surgery whenever possible. A doctor can see a number of patients at the surgery in the time that it takes to visit one patient at home.
- Please remember that the out of hours service is for urgent cases only that cannot possibly wait until the next working day.
- Help us to keep our records up to date by advising us of any change in your circumstances.
- Ultimately you are responsible for your own health and we invite you to work with us to keep you in good health.